Don’t Kill Bee. Have Them Removed—For Free!
Hive removal is complicated, and some people charge for that depending on how difficult it is to get to the hive. In some cases they’re inside walls, etc.
Neighbor Recommended Resources
Here are several people who will relocate hives and swarms for free, and it’s easy to go online and find others who will come out and give you free estimates.
- Rick Baxter at Golden Harvest Bees, RWC, 364-1102. Free swarm removal. http://goldenharvestbees.com/
- Bryan Hains – 415-728-5814 – firstname.lastname@example.org. Free hive and swarm removal
Great Resource: Beekeeper’s Guild of San Mateo County
Founded in 1979, members range from people wanting to learn about bees before acquiring them, to “newbee” beekeepers with their first hives, to master beekeepers with many years of experience and education. Information about removing swarms and unwanted bee colonies can be found on it’s website in several locations:
- General information about swarm and unwanted be colonies
- Lists of beekeepers for colony removal by city
- Lists of beekeepers for swarm removal by city